Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hola!

Man it has been a crazy good week!! Everyone says that the days are like weeks and the weeks are like days, and it's so true! I love the MTC! The Spanish is hard but great! Me and Elder Dunne have taught four lessons in Spanish! We can usually get our point across so that's good! Still working on conjugating and all that stuff. I love it! Our district is getting way close! We're all way good friends now after sitting in class like 16 hours a day! Our schedule is pretty routine. It goes like this: Breakfast, class, gym time, lunch, class, dinner, class, go to bed. So if you're ever wondering what I'm doing, it's pretty safe to assume that I'm in class trying to learn Spanish from Hermano Ream. He's way cool! He got back from his mission a few years ago and now he teaches at the MTC so that's pretty sweet. On Tuesdays We have a devotional at 7 PM at the Marriot center with the people from the main campus. A lot of times a general authority talks. Tuesday it was an ex area seventy who talked about prayer. It was sweet! We also have devotional Sunday nights with our zone! I love it so much. And P day is Saturday! Today we went and did a session at the Provo temple! I love the temple. It's such an awesome way to get away from all your worries for a minute. I'm having such a great time. This week on Thursday I went down to Salt Lake with my roommates Elder Huxford and Elder Van Tassell to go to the Mexican consulate and get our visas! It was so sweet! We were walking down the streets of south Salt Lake in a pack of 20 Elders! It's crazy how people stare at you! It was a good reminder that I have been called to represent Jesus Christ and to share His gospel! It made me want to be better! We rode the frontrunner from Provo, which was way cool. We were talking to a bunch of people we didn't know. It's so much easier to talk to people in English!! Hahah I don't even know! I just want to go out there and talk to people about the gospel right now! It's been fun though. I have loved getting letters and dear elders from you guys! I'm glad you're doing good! I'm really not even homesick or anything. I miss you guys lots but I know this is what I need to be doing! I'll send some pictures next week because this week I didn't take any! Love you guys!

-Elder Stanger (or Elder Stranger because that's what everyone else calls me.) Haha whenever anyone reads my name tag that's what they say, so it just stuck. haha









No comments:

Post a Comment